About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Friday 7 October 2011

Sometimes you've got to roll with the punches

Today has been a very strange experience. Despite a reasonable night's sleep I've felt totally wiped out all day. My sum total of effort can be described as a ten minute shuffle round to Little Sis' place and back earlier in the day so I could get out of the way of my Cleaners whilst they made my house look ship shape again, and a further five minute shuffle this evening to let Barney Trubble do his business. I also managed to make some cheese on toast but that's about it. The rest of the time I've been zonked out.  I expect this is the drugs getting to work in earnest however and so I'm not too concerned. As long as they are winning. 

In a further strange twist if events, it seems that Mr Man has taken on board some of the possible symptoms for me. He was feeling nauseous all afternoon and was actually sick on his cycle home (somewhere near Walworth and Camberwell so I'm sure no one batted an eyelid at a bit of extra street decoration). I at least have anti sickness drugs to fight that symptom but it seems Mr Man had to endure that horrid sick feeling instead. Oh dear.   It therefore was rather fortuitous that I've been so weary as he has spent the whole evening in bed so conversation in our house has been pretty light this evening.

So positives for today are that I have a nice clean house which is a big deal when you're spending so much time in it, and possibly better still I have clean sheets on the bed which always makes going to sleep more relaxing. I also now know what all the nurses were talking about when they said I'd feel terrible over the weekend. For me this means tired and a bit achey rather than sick, thanks in part to the magic anti sickness drugs and Mr Man's generosity in taking one for the team. I'm lucky that I do have a nice house, and the option of visiting someone else's flat for a change of scenery as required, so at least I'm comfortable whilst I'm feeling a bit below par, so all in all things could be worse. 

I'm off to bed now- those clean sheets are calling- and tomorrow is a new day. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment