About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Pizza-tastic

I haven't left the house today. This was not deliberate or intentional but a consequence of a poor nights sleep last night and feeling a bit groggy after yesterday's hospital antics.  However, this evening I had three very special visitors for the occasion of pizza night, which was a definite bright spot to perk me up. 

The Lovely H, the Yorkshire Pudding and the Irish one made the post work journey to visit me for an evening of delightful conversation and delicious pizza. They managed to remember to bring some office gossip from the very offering worlds of Petcare and baked beans, and the lovely H also brought two bottles of limited edition Movember HP sauce. Very thoughtful.  Barney in particular was very pleased to see them, especially the Lovely H who was always his favourite, and he displayed his affection in the only way he knows how; by lying on his back and expecting tummy tickles. The tart. 

So round two starts tomorrow with another full day of bad cell annihilation.  I have lined up a full visiting schedule for the day to keep me entertained. I have also have downloaded a film and a couple of tv series onto my iPad in preparation so hopefully this will help to pass the time between visitors.  If that is not enough I have scrabble on my iPhone as well as several ongoing games of words with friends which should be plenty of distraction. 

I'm almost looking forward to it.

1 comment: