About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Friday 28 October 2011

So much to say, so little awake time to say it

Today I completed my second cycle of chemotherapy. This means we are now 33.3% or one third of the way through this phase of the treatment which is a very good thing. The port is making life easier at the clinic as I can get plugged in quicker and I also have both hands free for beating my visitors at scrabble, eating my hummus and pitta and using my iPad. It also means that I'm back to being completely zonked out which comes on very unexpectedly and makes my eyelids turn into lead. This tiredness is due to the chemo drugs but also the recent bout of pain I've been suffering which has now been brought under control thankfully, has lead to me missing out on good quality sleep which I'm now able to catch up on.

As a result of this weariness I'm not straying far from home and the comfort of my bed and sofa this weekend, but hopefully will muster up the energy to sit in front of the computer for a bit longer than I'm doing today, as I've thought of lots of things I want to talk about in this blog but currently don't have the energy to do it justice. I hope you'll come back soon to see what I have to talk about, but in the mean time, sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment