About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Thursday 13 October 2011

Some days are better than others

I've had a lovely day today. Fabulous company, fun filled activities and great food which I was hungry enough to eat. What more could a girl ask for?

The EB painting was brilliant although I will wait until I see how my creations make it through the glazing and firing process before I declare it a complete success. The special requests that the BF and I made were delivered and so we got to the two smug women in the corner painting non mug items much to the obvious jealousy of several other women. Paul from the EB pottery cafe was there as were several other familiar faces from the slightly obsessive world of British made ceramics.

After we had painted our masterpieces and made the most of the 25% discount we returned home to the BF's house for lunch and in my case a nap, before collecting her two munchkins from nursery where they had been banished for the day to make way for the all important painting. We then had a trip to the hairdressers for the oldest munchkin to have her haircut before home again for milk before bedtime. I got to watch Shrek the Halls which I'd not seen before but very much enjoyed - I don't think oldest Munchkin got as much out of it as I did, but that's the beauty of animated films these days - they are not really for the kids at all. and then the BF cooked up a lovely dinner which I was able to do justice to. Finally we watched some telly and had more of a natter, then it was time for bed.

There are more than lots of happy thoughts from today, and so I'm going to bed happy in the knowledge that good days can still happen even in the midst of all this medical intervention. I look forward to the next one very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment