About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Look after the pennies...

First things first,  I won £10 on last night's lottery draw. Woo hoo! Just goes to show what you can achieve with a positive mind set. A little more practice and I reckon I might just crack the jackpot.

Today has been another steady improvement on yesterday.  I've had a little more energy and today managed to leave the house which may not sound much but based on the last 72 hours performance is quite an achievement.  I also had enough energy to browse through Mr Man's Conde Nast Traveller magazine, and came across the picture to the left which has inspired me as to where I want to go on holiday as a post war-winning treat.  It is a Maldivian Boat suite on Cocoa Island in the Maldives, and it looks divine.  I have kicked straight back into organisational mode and have already established flight options, a variety of timings, activities and availability of my boat of choice.  I have highlighted the options for doing some island hopping whilst there to enjoy the unspoilt, pristine beaches of the deserted islands, the snorkelling options to see the vast arrays of coral and tropical fish, and even had a sneaky peek at the spa menu to see what is on offer.  This is all very well and good, but due to all the treatment we are unable to be sure when I will be able to go; it could be the end of January or we may have to wait until February or even March. I have therefore added an action on my motivational goals list, to get some insight from the Oncologists next time I see them for some guidance on timings. Once this is established then I can see no reason why we cannot book our ten day escape, and have something really exciting to look forward to.  In fact, I am looking forward to it already. Booking it that is; it is an opportunity for a new holiday planning spreadsheet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there- sorry I've not been in touch on here for a while, after the initial success I have been having a few technical difficulties plus I've been in the Sahara desert for a few days so although I've not managed to post anything on here I've been thinking of you so hopefully that's come though.
    You're blog is brilliant so positive you seem to be taking on everything that's thrown at you head on it's amazing. As any good Spice Girl fan/Jerry Springer view would say you "go girl".
    PS I've been thinking about the process notes but you know how long it takes me to write them plus my current inability to get this to post is casting a shadow over my initial optimism as to the success of my first 3 posts. This is about my fourth attempt to get this to save I'm still of the mindset that it's an issue with the site rather than some kind of user error. However watch this space for my version of "encourage the website to refresh by pressing..."

    ReplyDelete