About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Friday 23 September 2011

To appreciate the highs you have to experience the lows

Today is, so far, not a good day.  Despite sticking rigidly to the regime of medications the pain in my lower abdomen just won't go away.  There are only so many warm baths you can have before you turn into a prune.  I may well be hungry, but eating is priving difficult, and my other previously sure fire winner on reducing discomfort, light exercise, is not an option in case as I don't fancy being picked up off the floor by one of the gym attendants and having to explain myself. I am hoping though that the discomfort is linked to nerves, as today I am going to the Harley Street Cancer Clinic to start the preparations for Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy.

So, todays silver lining is that at least I am going to be seeing some expert oncologists later on and can explain how I am feeling and perhaps they can shed some light on the intricacies of what is going on inside. Please send positive vibes and have everything crossed for me at 2pm.  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment