About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Saturday 24 September 2011

Miracle at Glasgow Airport

This weekend we're in Glasgow as tonight it is the 40th birthday celebration of Mr R, a friend of Mr Man's from work who exchanged high flying city life for a part in the family business last year. So far our trip has been rather pleasant. It's surprisingly sunny and warm which is  a bit of a shame on one hand as when I looked on the BBC weather before we left I was assured it would be 12 degrees and drizzly and so packed accordingly, but obviously a very nice surprise on the other.  

We did get off to a wobbly start though at Glasgow airport where as we were getting into the taxi, Mr Man realised he had left his iPad on the plane. Oh dear. A brisk hike back to now deserted terminal and some flouting of the no re-entry rules back towards the baggage carousels combined with an angel of an air hostess, lead to a miracle occurrence and he got it back. Mr Grumpy averted. Phew....

No comments:

Post a Comment