About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Wednesday 2 November 2011

It will all be better in the morning

It's tiring work sleeping. But not as tiring as having to provide any level of customer service apparently according to Virgin Media, or more accurately, Virgin Remedial.  Recently,  our broadband service has been intermittent at best. Usually, the process involves me resetting the modem at least twice, then calling them to report the issue, where once I've battled through the army of automated voice commands and menu options and actually managed to speak to a human being masquerading as a member of their customer no service team, they will insist that I once again reboot the modem whilst they are on the phone in the desperate hope that I will drop the phone, hang up and by the time I get back through to someone, it will be someone else and they will have gone on a tea break.   But today, they have surpassed themselves. 

On getting through on the phone, Virgin Remedial have pre recorded an apology which they are playing to me to apologise for the lack of on demand tv services in South East Kent. Where obviously I don't live. This is then followed by another message apologising for the lack of telephone services in East Sussex which is doubly pointless as whilst again this is somewhere that I don't live there, if I did I couldn't phone and hear the apology because my phone would presumably not work. And finally, the best apology of all... Apparently there is a delay in customer services being able to answer the calls and speak to me if at least 15 minutes and so perhaps I could try again later, or better still report the fault on line?  This has been the case on all 4 occasions since I have started calling at about 2pm this afternoon. It is getting very wearing now.

Now I'm a bit more awake I have thought if lots of things I'd like to blog about but unfortunately the powers that be at virgin  Remedial do not seem to be able to comprehend the need to provide the services for which I am paying, and so my only way of writing my blog is on my phone via 3G. This is of course not as convenient a way to write and so my literary musings will be limited until they deign to put us back on line. But in the circumstances I thought I would make the effort and get my feelings about useless Broadband providers off my chest. That feels better, so fingers crossed that some degree of service will resume tomorrow. Maybe it just needs a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment