About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Friday 18 November 2011

Positivity reigns supreme

So it has been a slightly different version of chemo this week. After day one which consisted of spending 9 hours in an arm chair on the day unit I then had to be rushed into hospital at 2am on Thursday morning due to chronic abdominal pains, the strength and duration of which I had not experienced before. This was accompanied by feverish sweating, a feeling of nausea which eventually lead to me being violently sick and a spot of dizziness for good measure. All in all it was not very nice.

Since I arrived in the inpatients ward at the hospital though I have been well looked after and they are sorting me out. It's taking a while but we now know the issue and are just waiting for things to progress so we can get back on track with the chemo programme. I had the blood transfusion yesterday which went well so hopefully now I have a full stock of red blood cells I can fight off the impact of Wednesday's chemo to make it focus on fighting the bad guys. Once we have sorted out the abdominal pain we can crack on with what should have been Thursday and Friday's short bursts of chemo and then I can go home and get on with the business of being asleep.

The key positive to come out of all of this is that not only is the abdominal pain being sorted and hopefully will be better managed once and for all, but I now know for sure what my blood group is. Despite all of these tests and procedures I have never know what type and I was curious. And what do you know. It's A+. How much more positive can we be?

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there and know that many people are thinking of you ...

    ReplyDelete