About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Happy Birthday to me

Today I have spent a very pleasant with Mr Man, on the occasion of it being my birthday.  The morning passed very pleasantly having a lie in and opening lots of lovely cards and presents, before going for lunch at the Bishop pub (Fish fingers with tomato sauce  -yum), and then spending a very relaxing afternoon setting up my new Apple TV device, which we have now tested and I am very impressed to see how functional and clever it is. I did not really know much about them before today, other than I had seen it on the Apple website as an option but had no idea what their function is. Basically it is a device which lets you watch everything you have ever downloaded onto an ipad or iphone, as well as computer, on the luxury of a proper size TV. You can also look at photos (which would be brilliant if I have invested the time in sorting them out into nice little folders and deleting all those odds ones which are only there to sell things on ebay or  credit card forms scanned and sent as an attatchment with hotel bookings).

I also was a very lucky girl and received lots of other nice presents including clothes, beauty vouchers and a meat cookery book from the Ginger Pig where we went on our recent butchery course.  I also got a digitial underwater camera ready for our imminent holiday where it can be used effectively during our snorkelling adventures in the Maldives which we will be doing this time next week.

This afternoon, we treated ourselves out to a hot chocolate and a latte (Mr Man also had some carrott cake) at the Blackbird Bakery in between braving the bitter cold climate to get outside. I think I had just the right number of layers on to be warm whilst out but not not so hot that on entering the house I immediately want to strip everything off.  So, all in all it has been a lovely but quiet birthday. The positive thoughts for the day are abundant but  I have been very touched by the number of birthday messages I have had from friends and family all over the place. It is always nice to hear from people but especially so on your birthday. So, I am off now to finish my relaxing evening with Mr Man, as I am feeling pretty tired again.  It is tiring work being awake all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment