About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Sometimes all you need is a hug

There are sometimes in life when you just need your mum, and today has been one of those days. I'm very lucky in that my mum retired last summer which means she is able to come and see me fairly readily. She also doesn't live too far away which is also handy.  So when yesterday I called her and asked if she would be able to come to see me to provide some much needed company and tlc, I was very relieved when she said yes.  Today she has been here since late morning, and has made tea, toast, soup, put clean sheets on the bed for me (once she has coerced me out of it) did some washing and possibly most importantly gave me cuddles when I needed them. She sat at the end of my bed talking to me and keeping me company for the best part of the day. In short she has been an absolute angel. And I love her for it. Thank you Mum xx

No comments:

Post a Comment