About Me

My photo
East Dulwich, London, United Kingdom
To me the glass is always at least half full. This was not always the case but over the past few years I have started to learn just how brilliant the human mind and body are. In September 2011 at the age of 34 and after 4 months of extensive medical invasion and severe abdominal pain, I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma Cervical Cancer. I have too much on my to do list to be thwarted by such a cowardly disease, so I am using positive thinking and all my mental and physical toughness to win, as I really don't like losing. During the long and painful diagnosis phase, many friends said that they didn't know how I could be so calm and strong. To be honest, looking back neither do I, but I am starting this blog to capture my feats of positivity whilst I beat this pesky disease.

Thursday 1 December 2011

Happy Christmas Team Project Nicola

Apart from to Mr Man, I don't send Christmas cards anymore .  This might seem odd from someone who is so excited about Christmas and who has talked in this blog about her love of writing and sending cards, but the logic is this;  Rather than spending money on buying and posting cards, in which you do not have the opportunity to write a proper letter type message, why not spend the same amount of money on making a charitable donation of some sort in lieu of cards and telling people this is what we have done.  I know that not everyone shares this view.  BF imparticular gets quite cross that I have not sent her and her family a card, but as I have told her before and will tell her again, it is my choice.  Plus she still gets a present which is much more exciting.

So here is it..... in case your email gets lost in the ether somewhere this is my Christmas card to all of Project Team Nicola.  Mr Man and I have bought you a pair of goats, but don't worry they wont make a mess on the carpet.  I hope you like them.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/ECard/ECard.aspx?P=3dbd586e-ef07-4d79-bf7c-a43cf8535da4&U=ffa66cac-a7f0-4df4-a1c9-b1739e9de621&L=92601b1a-90ec-42c1-94db-75231dc6118e

And as for writing proper cards, this way I can continue with proper correspondence throughout the festive season.  Every one is a winner.

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for the goats. Can we suggest some names for them and you 2 can choose the best? Pleeeaaase? :-))))

    Jen

    ReplyDelete